GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Office. The word that draws a picture of a dull grey cubicle in a dusty city centre. The word that makes you tired and bored. The word that represents routine and monotony… but not at GameDuell! Here, the office life is bright and exciting as there’s always something happening, either table tennis tournaments, or birthday singings, or eat-that-cake marathons – you name it. One of the latest additions to the GameDuell life is Little Diggers – an initiative coming from our team members who decided to set up a garden on the rooftop terrace and further contribute to the green philosophy here at GameDuell.
Little Diggers is a gardening group that took over the responsibility for cultivating plants in the office. On a weekly basis, the group members come together in the fresh air on the rooftop terrace where they grow flowers, vegetables, berries, and herbs. So far, since it’s only in the end of May when the weather in Berlin finally started to be more sun-generous, the initiative is at its initial stage: the pots have been filled with soil and the flowers have just been planted. “We are still waiting for the cucumbers to arrive, though”, adds Miriam Feiler, one of the little diggers at GameDuell.
The idea of office gardening came quite naturally for GameDuell – the company has been having its own Green Team for quite some time, trying to make the office environment more ecologically friendly. Collaborative office gardening, however, is a fresh new project that is not only supposed to make our city greener, but also the office members healthier. It has been psychologically proven that gardening relieves stress, improves mental health, helps depression, and, most importantly, contributes to peaceful and sociable community-building – which is something that GameDuell has been promoting ever since.
“Here at Gameduell we’re lucky to be having an opportunity of healthy office breaks during the work, which in the end of the day makes us not want to leave it”, Miriam goes on, putting on the gardening gloves. And it’s true – why would you want to escape the office when it has a little oasis of greenery, where you can clear your mind, recapture your breath, and fully re-energize before returning to your responsibilities?
Update: On August 11, 2015, we finally harvested our first tomatoes, which was super exciting for all of us! They were absolutely, fantastically delicious! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram where we feature our Little Diggers' activity once in a while!
Liked this post? Then check out thereasons to work at GameDuell.