GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Donation to Senioren Computer Club Mitte e.V.
We are happy to enable digital participation for elderly people and increase their competencies and enthusiasm for technology. That’s why we repeatedly support the Senioren Computer Club Berlin (SCC Berlin Mitte) with our donation. Our proceeds help to fund new equipment for the club.
Donation to wirmachenwelle e.V.
We are happy that after 2019, we are able to once more support wirmachenwelle e.V. with a donation!
wirmachenwelle (“We make waves”) e.V. brings young people from Germany's cities onto the surfboard and into nature.
Donation to support Save the Children in aid of Ukraine
We have been deeply moved by the current events in Ukraine. Now, we want to do something in aid of peace and the people struggling during these difficult times. We see a great solidarity with people in Ukraine, who are suffering greatly, and with the people in Russia and Belarus who are courageously protesting against the war.
To help humanitarian workers working in Ukraine and the countries where refugees are fleeing, we have decided to immediately donate 10,000 EUR to the aid organization "Save the Children".
Looking back on our donations in 2021
We can all look back on an eventful and also challenging year. The Corona pandemic affected many areas of our lives and made daily life, social networks, and being recognized harder for many people, communities, and organizations. That’s why we had again been looking for fantastic charity organizations that we can support that year. Here are the ones that we donated to at the end of last year.
Check out our latest donation recipients!
This year, we donated again to various organizations and also received great feedback from recent years. Let's take a look at where new projects got started and what happened with our previous donations.
Playing for Tolerance
Games thrive on fair interaction in which everyone has an equal chance. Playing connects people and everyone at a game table is equal, no matter their age, gender, origin, or beliefs.
Everyone is entitled to have a good time.
This can also be applied to life away from the gaming tables. Everybody should be able to have a good time and feel valued.
That's why GameDuell supports the statement "Playing for Tolerance".
Christmas is the Time for Giving!
Here at GameDuell, we don’t just want to build a long-term successful and sustainable company, but also contribute to a better world for everyone. So many of our team members were in the giving mood this past holiday season and donated their annual Christmas present to a charity.
Supported Spielehaus e.V. and Jugendhaus Kiwi with Our Christmas Donations in 2019
Four months ago, it was time for our yearly Christmas donation.
We always try to find initiatives and organizations with a playful aspect in order to light up some people's lives. This time we decided to support two wonderful organizations… drum roll…
Jugendhaus Kiwi and Spielehaus e.V..