GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Building a successful and efficient team includes a great onboarding, integration of new team members and connecting everyone within and across teams. We are delighted with each new team member, making GameDuell better with each addition! As a part of this process, GameDuell established a Newbie Event, to connect our new team members with each other and make them feel welcome and part of the family. So, what exactly do we do at these events? Of course we play and we eat, the best way to get to know each other!
We strive for our culture at GameDuell to allow everyone to express who they are, which enables us to apply our talents, broaden our horizons, and ensure the acceptance and promotion of diversity.
Therefore, and in honor of this year's Pride Month in June, we decided to run a workshop to help us learn, grow, and offer a workplace culture that benefits everyone.
We wanted to provide our team members with some tools that help us to focus on the positive things, do away with negative thoughts, and make us feel relaxed and relieved, in order to face our day with more lightness, joy and ease, create nice experiences together, and contribute to our company goal which is a positive and fun team spirit!
Moving from one country to another can be quite challenging. We want to share with you how GameDuell can assist you step by step if you want to start your career with us and move to Berlin, one of Europe’s most historic and iconic cities. We’ll also answer some frequently asked questions.
"What is your personal definition of diversity?" - Last year on Diversity Day 2020, we asked our team members this question and received many different, unique, and wonderful answers. It showed us that even the definition of the term diversity and the connection that people have with it is so diverse in itself that this question cannot be answered easily.
This is why we would like to dig a little bit deeper this year and find more answers to this question.
The first people to greet us when we enter our GameDuell office and the last ones we wave goodbye to at the end of the day are the lovely ladies on our office team. They’ve certainly acquired some superpowers in order to master our daily office trouble. However, we only see a small fraction of their support for us every day. So let's take a look behind the scenes to see what we would be missing without them.
Games thrive on fair interaction in which everyone has an equal chance. Playing connects people and everyone at a game table is equal, no matter their age, gender, origin, or beliefs.
Everyone is entitled to have a good time.
This can also be applied to life away from the gaming tables. Everybody should be able to have a good time and feel valued.
That's why GameDuell supports the statement "Playing for Tolerance".
From the very beginning, Charity@GameDuell was a top priority for our company and we still maintain this long-standing tradition to this day. But as we have grown, so have our opportunities and desire to make a difference. That is why we founded our Green Team in 2009. In addition to our charity projects, the Green Team takes care of all topics related to the sustainability of GameDuell.