GameDuell in the news
- Ranking of the 35 biggest German game developers published by Gameswirtschaft.de
- Our tool tip in Making Games Magazine December 2016
- Gamasutra: First Grand Gin Rummy Tournament has started
- Office Drop In - A tour of GameDuell's Office
- GameDuell Studio Portrait on Gamesauce.biz
- Our tool tip HAXE at Making Games Magazine 04/16
- Guest article at Heise Developer about glassfish / JEE7 migration
- GameDuell joins the federal games association GAME (German)
- Belote.com organizes World Championship (French)
- The Importance of High-Quality Artwork in Mobile Games
- JAXenter Java Magazin: JEE-7-Migration im laufenden Betrieb (German)
- Q & A with our lead developer at Freie Universität Berlin (German)
- Cross-Platform Game Development with the GameDuell DuellTool
- How to get a job at Berlin casual developer GameDuell
- GameDuell hires Nintendo
- The Duell Tool is finally out there
- Under the blue sky (German only)
- Deutschlandradio Kultur on GameDuell's healthy lifestyle (German only)
- El Passion features GameDuell as one of the 10 most promising Berlin startups
- Making Games Magazine: From Core to Casual
- Berliner Morgenpost lists the most popular apps from Berlin
- Tagesspiegel about meeting of games industry with Berlin Senator of Economic Affairs (German)
- Gründerszene publishes virtual GameDuell office tour (German)
- Berliner Zeitung about the boom of creative industries (German)
- Interview Feature with our new art director on Gamasutra
- Deutsche Startups: “Als Gründer sollte man nicht an den Exit denken” (German)
- Making Games Magazine 3/2014 (German)
- Skillgaming.de Review Balloon Blast (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz about GameDuell's Casual Connect Presence
- Bloomberg TV: What Merkel's Re-Election Means to German Startups
- Die Welt: Weniger Bauchgefühl, mehr Analyse (German)
- Muensterlandzeitung.de: 18, 20, weg - Skatspiel wird 200 Jahre alt (German)
- Tagesspiegel: Das liebste Spiel der Deutschen (German)
- Pocketgamer: Don't count on chat apps being the next big gaming platform, warns GameDuell
- GDC Europe: Michael Kalkowski talks about 120 new game positions GameDuell intends to fill this year
- GamesMarkt: GameDuell investiert in Wachstumsmärkte (German)
- Westfalenpost: Entwickler-Branche boomt - Smartphone-Spiele immer beliebter (German)
- Morgenweb: Trend zu einfachen Spielen (German)
- Gamesauce: Casual Connect Asia - GameDuell founder Michael Kalkowski talks about "What Brings Out the Best in People"
- Deutsche-Startups: "Und herzlich winkt die Queen – Hausbesuch bei GameDuell" (German)
- RBB Inforadio: "Berliner IT-Branche im Aufwind" (German)
- TV Berlin: "Politik trifft auf Online-Spiele" (German)
- Tagesspiegel: "Spielend informiert" (German)
- IHK Berlin: "Angekommen im Mittelstand? Wirtschaft und Politik zu Besuch bei erfolgreichen Berliner Start-Up Unternehmen" (German)
- Berliner Zeitung: "Außer Berlin nur noch das Ausland" (German)
- Gamesindustry.biz: "GameDuell: Langfristig komplexere Spiele schaffen" (German)
- Telecomsemea.net: "tyntec verifies GameDuell's 80m users"
- IT-Director.com: "Leading Casual Games Provider Selects tyntec For SMS Verification"
- Pandodaily.com: "GameDuell turns to tyntec for SMS-based verification of gamer identities"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "GameDuell CEO Bolik on how mobile fits into the social publisher's aggressive cross-platform plans"
- Pocketgamer.biz: "Berlin special: A snapshot of how German online game companies are successfully going mobile"
- Pockergamer.biz: "Gis a job: GameDuell kicks off mobile push with 130 new jobs"
- Siliconallee.com: "GameDuell Eyes Up Casual Gaming; Recruiting 120 New Staff"
- Gamasutra.com: "Developing Windows Store Apps with HTML5 - A Showcase"
- Gruenderszene.de: "Berlin 2.0: Eine Gründung ist kein Sprint, sondern ein echter Marathon" (German)
- Insidesocialgames.com: "GameDuell: Cross-platform players monetize 25% more than those on a single platform"
- Gamesindustry.biz: "HTML5: Too Good To Be True?"
Building a successful and efficient team includes a great onboarding, integration of new team members and connecting everyone within and across teams. We are delighted with each new team member, making GameDuell better with each addition! As a part of this process, GameDuell established a Newbie Event, to connect our new team members with each other and make them feel welcome and part of the family. So, what exactly do we do at these events? Of course we play and we eat, the best way to get to know each other!
Although it hasn’t been the warmest of summers so far, we managed to pick a lovely day for our annual summer party. On July 21, our whole team went on a little trip around the world and it all took place at the beautiful Oberhafen Kantine in Berlin!
The first-ever GAME Conference Day, organized by the GAME Bundesverband and hosted by GameDuell, took place on November 17th, 2016.
Even though Berlin summers are usually capricious and unpredictable, this year we were blessed with lots of joyful and colorful days – days that were, in fact, pretty hot. And by ‘pretty hot’ we mean 38 degrees Celsius. So of course there was a great deal of ice cream in the office and a number of refreshing outdoor activities. But what else did we do this summer?
We mentioned before that we like sports at GameDuell. And we are not talking about sitting in one of Berlin’s beer gardens in front of the screen to watch others move (although we enjoy doing that as well). We like to actually get out, get moving and do sports. Table tennis, football, beach volleyball – you name it! Our team members have organized groups and regularly meet up, for fun, for exercise, for competition. Self-evidently, we were also eager to participate in Berlin’s 14th Firmenlauf – together with 15.000 other runners, walkers, skaters, handbikers, wheelchair and unicycle users from a multitude of companies in the entire city.
If you’re searching for the perfect place to get you in the mood for Christmas, look no further than Berlin! With beautifully decorated streets and open squares in festive colors and lights, Christmas markets, mulled wine and an assortment of mouth watering festive dishes, Berlin transforms itself into a Christmas wonderland! If you are spending your first Christmas in Berlin, here are a few things we suggest you experience firsthand!
Berlin is a city rich in culture and history – sometimes dramatic, sometimes happy. The relationship between history and the creative pulse of the city makes it unique for visitors and residents alike. 2014 was a milestone year in that history. Among the major historical events celebrated, the most important was the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Berliner Dom (Cathedral) with Television Tower to the right
As night falls earlier and earlier in autumn and plunges the city into darkness, Berlin is transformed into a wonderland of colorful “light art” for the annual Festival of Lights Berlin from October 10 - 19. For 10 days each October, famous historic city landmarks, monuments, buildings and places are illuminated with artistic light installations. Converting the city into what feels like a gigantic exhibition space, international and local artists present their ideas, stories and messages into artful displays using 3D art, projections, video art or illuminations.